Serenity Knolls offers a unique extended residential care program build around the 12-Step social model of inhalant addiction recovery. 85% of our staff are in recovery and bring their experiences to help our residents rebuild their foundation. As part of our philosophy that realizes the strength of community, we feature a free aftercare program for life. When you start your journey to lasting sobriety at Serenity Knolls, you will never again walk alone.
Learn More About Inhalant Abuse Recovery at Serenity Knolls
Inhalants are substances that are ingested with the intention of experiencing a recreational “high.” Several household and workplace chemical mixtures are abused as inhalants. These often include gases, aerosols, and volatile solvents. Sometimes the process of abusing these types of substances is known by other terms like sniffing, huffing, or bagging.
This form of drug abuse causes short and long-term damage. Headaches are very common in those who abuse these substances. The long-term or more severe effects can include permanent brain damage and even death. After the first or second use, this form of substance abuse can become compulsive. Stopping one’s use without professional intervention and assistance from an addiction rehab and treatment center can be difficult or even impossible.
The Serenity Knolls’ team understands how dangerous inhalant abuse is, and how to treat each of the effects presented by such a substance use concern. We understand why a person cannot simply stop taking these substances. We also know that realizing the self-destructive nature of such substance use is not always enough to lead a person to recover. Evidence-based treatment and rehabilitation methods to treat this form of substance abuse are offered at our center and can be incorporated into residents’ treatment plans based on their individual needs. We have seen lifestyle changes made by many residents already, and we encourage those battling inhalant abuse concerns to achieve their best possible outcome for addiction treatment and rehab at Serenity Knolls, located in California.
Helping a Loved One or Family Member Get Inhalant Addiction Treatment
The dangers associated with inhalant abuse are still not widely known by the general public. It can, therefore, be a confusing surprise to learn that a loved one has been abusing substances in this way. Please consider the following information, as it may help you to assist your loved one in getting treatment:
- The first step in helping another person is to understand what sort of treatment will be needed. This requires learning a little bit about addiction, substance misuse, and the substances abused, as well as the mind and body symptoms that are produced by inhalant abuse.
- The next logical action is to research feasible manners of resolving the symptoms associated with the substance use. Search out programming options for inhalant addiction rehab and consider comprehensive treatment center, as it can treat co-occurring disorders as well.
- Give thought to how you will open the discussion regarding the inhalant use issue. One option is to consult a professional to set the stage for the occasion, another is to approach the subject at home. Each person and situation is different and you will probably know what is more or less likely to work in your case. If one method does not work, get some help and try again. Maintaining a good relationship with the person is the best way to keep communication lines open.
- You need support too, so let a couple of trusted friends or a trusted counselor offer emotional support to you, if possible. They can help you to research the issues, and to find suitable programs to treat your loved one. They may even help break the ice on the subject with your loved one. Support groups for friends and family members of substance users are available too.
- Never neglect your legitimate health necessities. Eat right, rest, exercise, talk, relax a little. This is critical if you are to be able to support anyone else long-term.
- Enlist the aid of family and friends, or consider assisting in arranging appointments, meals, childcare, transportation, and more as the loved one enters treatment and rehab for inhalant addiction. This support group will let your loved one fully focus on treatment and recuperation.
- Do not become discouraged. Stay consistent and stay involved, perhaps sending supportive messages or letters even if the person is somewhat out of reach for a little while. Participate in treatment and rehab programs that call for family outreach. Understand that lifestyle changes will be necessary for your loved one, and be ready to step up and become a part of that after treatment is completed and sobriety is becoming established and solidified.
- The road to recovery from substance abuse is not a straight or simple one. In fact, it is more like a journey that has many options and turns. As every person is coming from different places, each one will have to take separate roads to get to the similar goal. Be there for your loved one around every corner as they journey through rehab at an addiction treatment center.
Why Consider Inhalant Abuse Treatment at Serenity Knolls Hospital in California
A person is at risk for many health risks and even the threat of death with every abusive chemical consumption. Respiratory distress and failure, heart problems, liver and/or kidney damage, vision and coordination impairment, and even memory loss are all associated with this type of substance use concern. Muscle weakness is common, and depression is often a co-occurring disorder to this substance abuse problem. Work and school performance will suffer with continued use. Interpersonal relationships will tend to take a turn for the worse. Daily life responsibilities will be unnecessarily difficult and failure on small-scale everyday levels will show through. Legal and financial problems can escalate stress and social issues. A hopeless, seemingly helpless attitude will begin to dominate thinking. Only one phone call is necessary to begin to reverse this entire cycle. A brighter future is possible. By seeking treatment and rehab at an addiction treatment center, inhalant abuse can be treated.
When looking for inhalant addiction treatment, you or your loved one may have been searching broadly for “rehab centers near me?” In California, there is one clear choice.
Types of 12-Step Rehab & Treatment Offered at Serenity Knolls
With picturesque 360-degree views that allow for viewing breath-taking sunrises and sunsets, Serenity Knolls, which is located in the San Geronimo Valley in Marin County, California, is a world class provider of addiction treatment for men and women aged 18 and older. Created to help adults restore and improve their lives after having battled addictions to substances, this addiction rehab and treatment center is where a life that is no longer controlled by the abuse of drugs and/or alcohol can be realized.
In choosing Serenity Knolls in California as the place to confront an addiction to inhalants and/or other harmful substances, a person can receive the treatment and rehab that is needed to flourish and live to his or her highest potential. Our addition rehab staff, which includes a multidisciplinary team of exceptional professionals who have overcome their own struggles with addiction and chemical dependency, facilitates treatment with the utmost empathy, compassion, and dedication. Additionally, each person at this substance abuse rehab and treatment center is provided with a customized plan of care that details the interventions needed to experience the most favorable treatment outcomes. During one’s initial assessment at our addiction rehab center, and for the duration of treatment at Serenity Knolls, substance use concerns and co-occurring mental health needs are assessed, which then prompt the inclusion or exclusion of the below listed interventions within a resident’s personalized treatment plan at our center for inhalant abuse:
Individual counseling: So as to gauge how residents are progressing in their treatment, the care supplied by Serenity Knolls includes daily individual counseling sessions with experienced and knowledgeable alcohol and drug counselors. During these meetings, men and women can discuss how they are doing on a day-to-day basis and can report any successes and/or setbacks that occur while they are working to overcome an addiction to inhalants.
Individual therapy: We, at Serenity Knolls, are pleased to offer weekly individual therapy sessions for those who come to our center to break free from an addiction to inhalants. Our staff psychologists and marriage and family therapists are the professionals who meet with residents during these sessions so that men and women can receive the one-on-one attention they need to make strides in their recovery. Individual therapy can serve as a time in which residents can talk about things that they may not feel comfortable sharing in group, establish goals for the future, and work through any emotions and feelings that they may be experiencing.
Group therapy: In order to provide residents with the support and guidance they need as they work on their recovery from addictions to inhalants and/or other substances, the programming at Serenity Knolls features several group therapy opportunities each week. Group therapy sessions are led by psychologists, marriage and family therapists, experienced alcohol and drug counselors, and other healthcare professionals, and include several residents so that they are able to provide and receive support to and from one another. The following types of groups can serve as excellent opportunities for men and women to practice the invaluable skills that they are learning:
- Educational groups
- Men’s groups
- Process groups
- 12-Step groups
- Women’s groups
Couples and family counseling: Serenity Knolls is proud to offer multifamily group therapy sessions for residents and those they are closest to. Additionally, as a leading provider of substance abuse treatment, we are delighted to include couples and family counseling services upon request for the men and women entrusted into our care and their loved ones. Given the fact that recovery success is more easily achieved when one has the support of his or her friends and family members, we purposefully supply these services in order to enhance each resident’s treatment experience as the work towards overcoming an addiction to inhalants.
Weekend Family Program: The Weekend Family Program is designed to offer family members, close friends, and other loved ones the education and support that they need to understand not only their loved one’s struggles, but their own struggles as well. This program features a unique and effective process that includes education, sharing of experiences, and multifamily group therapy sessions.
Every man and woman who comes for inhalant addiction treatment and rehab at Serenity Knolls in California is treated as a unique individual who possesses distinctive strengths. These strengths, as well as the concerns that a resident is suffering from, are factored into the treatment and rehab planning process at our addiction center and can ascertain which of the above methods of care are needed to help each person heal and recover in a lasting and meaningful way.
Additionally, our clinical team prepares for each resident’s discharge from our addiction rehab center the moment they begin treatment to confront an addiction to inhalants. In doing so, we are able to determine the continuing care options that will best meet each person’s needs after leaving addiction treatment and rehab at Serenity Knolls. Furthermore, we offer a high quality Aftercare Program that is located in two convenient locations. This program is available to former residents for a lifetime and includes weekly meetings, as well as help for men and women as they acquire the sponsorships needed to remain on the path of recovery. In sum, we, at Serenity Knolls, ensure that every facet of treatment and rehab at our substance abuse center is highly personalized and supportive for the duration of an individual’s time with us.
If you or someone you care about is plagued by an addiction to inhalants and would like to partake in top notch treatment at an addiction rehab center that can break the chains of addiction once and for all, look no further than Serenity Knolls, located in California. Our staff is ready, willing, and able to help to you or your loved one determine if our center is the perfect place to begin life anew.
Serenity Knolls is your choice for inhalant addiction treatment when you or your loved one asks the question: what is the best rehab near me?
Call us today and let a sober tomorrow commence.